[TYPO3-templavoila] Adding fields to dataprot XML

Bill Stoltz bstoltz81 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 25 06:38:28 CEST 2007

Is there a hook, or API to allow another extension to edit  the  XML
(dataprot)  in a TV DS record? Any examples on how  I do that?   I do
not want to edit this by hand.

One option would be to add new sections like "tx_testing". I have added
some samples in root and el.field levels in sample XML below.
Another would have items added to existing tx_templavoila like
"pageModule" info. (example listed below).

Looking for suggestions and best practice on how best to do this.....

Thanks,
Bill

Sample XML ............

<ROOT type="array">
        <tx_templavoila type="array">
            <title>ROOT</title>
            <description>Select the HTML element on the page which you
want to be the overall container element for the template.</description>
        </tx_templavoila>
        <tx_testing type="array">
            <title>ROOT - testing</title>
            <description>TESTING Select the HTML element on the page
which you want to be the overall container element for the
template.</description>
        </tx_testing>
        <type>array</type>
        <el type="array">
            <field_sitename type="array">
                <tx_templavoila type="array">
                    <title>Site Name</title>
                    <description>map to div id sitename
(inner)</description>
                    <pageModule type="array">
                        <titleBarColor>red</titleBarColor>
                    </pageModule>
                    <sample_data type="array">
                        <numIndex index="0">Site Name</numIndex>
                    </sample_data>
                    <eType>TypoScriptObject</eType>
                    <tags>*:inner</tags>
                    <eType_EXTRA type="array">
                        <objPath>lib.sitename</objPath>
                    </eType_EXTRA>
                    <TypoScriptObjPath>lib.sitename</TypoScriptObjPath>
                </tx_templavoila>
                <tx_testing type="array">
                    <title>TESTING - Site Name</title>
                    <description>map to div id sitename