[TYPO3-templavoila] localization button!?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Sep 14 14:54:44 CEST 2007

Hi Philipp!

Philipp Holdener wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a second language.
> I set an second language in the root.. and I gave an alternate title for
>  a page.. but I can't see the localization button, where I can change
> the view (Language 1 <-> Lanugae 2)
>
> :-(
>
> What can I do, do view the localization things?

By default you do not need to change views. Each content element has a link in it to create a new translation. This is how it is recommended. There is a so called "free" paradigm where there are separate views for each language but it is not recommended to use and not well supported.

I think you may want to read FE localization guide on typo3.org. It discusses it all very well.

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs