[TYPO3-templavoila] Selecting and rendering a random FCE?

Bart Veldhuizen bart at v-int.nl
Mon Sep 10 16:15:03 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I've been trying to figure out the following: I have a SysFolder with
a handfull of FCE's in it (gifbuilder objects that Content managers
can create using TemplaVoila). The homepage of my site should show
one of these FCE objects at random. I tried using a CONTENT object
and I found a lot of pointers on how to do this, but for some reason
this script will only select 'regular' content elements such as 'text
only' - but not FCE's. Any idea why?

Thanks!

Bart

----

			<field_content type="array">
				<tx_templavoila type="array">
					<title>Content</title>
					<sample_data type="array">
						<numIndex index="0"></numIndex>
					</sample_data>
					<eType>ce</eType>
					<TypoScript>

	5 = CONTENT
	5 {

		table = tt_content

		select {
			# ID of the page where your content elements are stored
			pidInList = 36

			# Number of content elements to show
			max = 1

			# select a random element
			orderBy = rand()
		}

		renderObj = USER
		renderObj.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main
	}
	</TypoScript>

Bart Veldhuizen, Veldhuizen Interactive.  Tel: 06-420 67 330
website analyse & advies | content management systemen