[TYPO3-templavoila] FCE - html table with variable rows and columns

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Sep 5 16:18:06 CEST 2007

Hi!

Ian Solo wrote:
> and what about a way to force the creation of the "standard table
> content element" inside this field_table when the editor create the FCE?

Should be possible with hooks to TCEmain but I am not sure if it will be
stable.

> I try to better explain this...
>
> I create an FCE with a field_table of editing type "Content Element".
>
> When the editor create a new content element and select this FCE as
> template... he will get the edit form with the "standard table element"
> already inserted.
>
> Am I asking too much? :)

Nope but I think there is even better solution but it requires extension
programming :)

It is possible to use TemplaVoila as templating engine from extensions.
Admin just maps template as he does for page or FCE. And extension may
use this template to construct the page. Extension can provide its own
content type for it (kickstarter generates code).

If you are PHP programmer, you can do it :) Nice challenge.

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs