[TYPO3-templavoila] FCE with a localized DAM image

Ian Solo ian at webian.it
Tue Sep 4 08:30:23 CEST 2007

Hi Christian...

Christian Welzel wrote:
> Ian Solo wrote:
>
>> Also if I create a FCE content and after i translate it then i have 2
>> different records in the same way.
>
> Are you sure about this?
Yes, in my site/configuration it works like i said.

> Have you verified this with a look into the tt_content table?
of course.

> Normally translations of FCE are not done by creating a new element
> in tt_content but by extending the xml structure in pi_flexform.
> Something that looks like this:
> <xml>
>   <element lang="de">...</element>
>   <element lang="en">...</element>
> </xml>
> TV can handle this mode of translation but DAM cannot. DAM depends
> on seperate entries in the tt_content table for translated elements.
> But there are no seperate entries and thats why DAM does not recognize
> different images for different languages.

e.g.
I have a FCE that is a record in tt_content with:
uid=219
sys_language_uid=0
pi_flexform=<empty>

I edit this record in BE, then i select the second language "Deutsch
[NEW]" from the "language" drop-down list. Now i have a new record in
tt_content table with:
uid=277
sys_language_uid=1
pi_flexform=<empty>

I have:
Typo3 4.1.2
Templavoila 1.3.3

I use "one-tree-fits-all-languages" concept.

In the main template TS setup of the site i set:
# Localization <start>

config.uniqueLinkVars = L
config.sys_language_overlay = content_fallback

config {
	sys_language_uid = 0
	language = gb
	locale_all = gb_GB