[TYPO3-templavoila] Disable template select wizard?

Franz Koch typo at fx.MINUS.graefix.DOT.de
Mon Mar 5 15:39:19 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Franz Koch wrote:
>> The query is a good point I forgot - but not showing the DS does not
>> automatically mean not to use internally a DS field. But I guess a
>> wizard inside a TCEFORM is not easy to provide.
>
> If DS is not filled in in form, it has to be either added by hook, which
> is a mess, or by querying it in FE part. I think it is not a problem to
> select it once comparing to performance decrease at runtime.

OT: does that mean that you suggest to set the DS and TO in every page and not use the template inheritance in order to get some performance boost? Sounds at least logical to me.

>> How about providing the template wizard as tab in the TV tab-bar? That
>> should work and would even be easier to use for editors than going to
>> 'edit page properties' for that. Just an idea - I don't know if this
>> can be done or not and how much work that would be. I know that there
>> is a hook for tabs, but I don't know anything about the core and which
>> functions would have to be called to update the page record and TV
>> correctly after switching the templates.
>
> Big change... I need to think :)

Didn't sound that big to me ;) more as addition to the current one - not as overall replacement. And you don't have to do it - the idea just came to my mind. But I suppose that would slow down the backend when the templates have to be provided on every page. Maybe Ajax would do the trick. Again - just thoughts with no deeper meaning ;)

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch