[TYPO3-templavoila] Disable template select wizard?

Franz Koch typo at fx.MINUS.graefix.DOT.de
Sun Mar 4 19:32:56 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Franz Koch wrote:
>> Another Idea of mine is to change the way templates get selected when
>> modifying the pageheader. The dropdowns are nice for admins, but I
>> think it would be better to only provide template icons (maybe
>> combined with a dropdown like currently) and skip the DS part which is
>> more then confusing for editors I my eyes. Just like currently in the
>> template wizard, where you also can only choose between templates and
>> not DS. What do you think? I only can tell from my experience with
>> customers.
>
> This is difficult internally. typo3 has no way to show icons only in
> forms. Also DS selection saves one query when rendering page.

The query is a good point I forgot - but not showing the DS does not automatically mean not to use internally a DS field. But I guess a wizard inside a TCEFORM is not easy to provide.

How about providing the template wizard as tab in the TV tab-bar? That should work and would even be easier to use for editors than going to 'edit page properties' for that. Just an idea - I don't know if this can be done or not and how much work that would be. I know that there is a hook for tabs, but I don't know anything about the core and which functions would have to be called to update the page record and TV correctly after switching the templates.

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch