[TYPO3-templavoila] templavoila mulitlanguage

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Sun Jul 8 00:37:51 CEST 2007

Hi Dmitry,
Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> You are supposed to use different templates for each language. Read FTB
> or FE localization manual!

I am trying to develop a project (university page) where some 15-20
languages might occur somewhere in the page tree. In such cases approach
you suggest would become a nightmare. One change of the design and 15
templates to change, not to speak of FCEs. So I prefer using a TS object
path for language values inside the template.

There is an impact on usability for the endusers of a website as well:
Wording should be consistent, and one way to achieve that is to keep the
  values needed for the GUI in a central place.

Off topic: I am asking myself whether it would be usefull to have a mere
language extension, covering all those strings you need in a lot of
situations, like 'Save', 'Delete', 'Please enter a valid email address'
and so on. This way
a) extension developers would have half the work to get their extensions
translated.
b) website users could profit from consisten wording.

btw. i am a language teacher (latin) working in a language center, not a
  professional coder.

Regards, Uschi