[TYPO3-templavoila] override HTML Header Parts in Templavoila

David Toshack david at vaultin.com
Wed Jul 4 06:36:49 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> David Toshack wrote:
>> I am using the Templavoila "Select HTML Header Parts" to insert the
>> template's stylesheet.
>>
>> I have not yet been able to insert headerData or even better, includeCSS
>> entries *after* the templavoila mapped header data to override it.
>>
>> What is the best way to achieve this?
>
> I afraid this how typo3 works. Why cannot you add a stylesheet to
> template and select it in header parts?

I have done that, but I would like to override some styles of the
template in only certain parts of the pagetree without duplicating the
template. I prefer to insert the base template through the TV "Select
HTML Header Parts" so that templates can be switched from the page
properties by non-admin users without any TS modifications. I guess a
way around that would be to insert the includeCSS typoscript code for
the base stylesheet in the Template Object's Local Processing field.

It would be good to be able to just map the stylesheet in the header and
override it with TS but as you say Dmitry, it just doesn't work that
way. Maybe it should. Maybe there should be a way to assign the mapped
"TV HTML Header Parts" to a headerData CObject in your TS setup. I
haven't delved deep enough into the Templavoila code to know if that's
possible already. Just a suggestion. This would also allow processing of
the mapped header fields to allow for conditions.

I guess the TO local processing typoscript workaround will do for now.
Thanks for all your input.

Cheers,
David