[TYPO3-templavoila] Get rid of the bad concept used/unused elements?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jan 31 16:39:27 CET 2007

Hi!

Franz Koch wrote:
> As Tapio mentioned - it'll be nice if it could be disabled so that it
> doesn't confuse anybody if not needed at all.

If it is in bug tracker, it will be fixed at some point in future, may
be. I cannot promise anything because there are much more important
things to do in tv.

> Btw. I encountered a 'strange' behavior once. When editing content,
> switching pages and so on, a customer created a new content element on a
> site - but this content element was not created on the page he currently
> was on but on the page he was before (in unused elements of course).
> Only a reference had been inserted in the current page and he was
> confused why he wasn't able to edit it anymore. I also had this behavior
> once or twice. Don't know the TV version anymore.

No comment... I can invest time only to reproducable bugs from bug tracker.

> By speaking of references. Currently pages containing references to
> content elements don't get updated (cache doesn't get cleared) when the
> source record changes. Is there a way to clear the cache for those pages
> automatically, too? Maybe the typo3 reference-table can be used to track
> the TV references?

As usual: put bug report to bug tracker... It is always the same
procedure: you found a bug, report it and wait for fix...

> Speaking of usability issues was more about typo3 in general although TV
> could also be improved in that direction to be a little bit more self
> explaining in handling. For computer freaks typo3 is quite "easy" to
> learn - for secretary's it's almost impossible and most editors are no
> geeks.

May be you have bad employees... I work with many people who often think
that "computer" is the thing where they look to (monitor). They have no
idea how they connect to the Internet and they are stunned by the
question "what browser do you have?" or "what Windows do you have?"
(they say "plastic"!!!). But I never had any trouble teaching them
typo3. They work with typo3 for years now and even help each other from
time to time.

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs