[TYPO3-templavoila] Migrate a site from MTB to FTB?

Simon Child news0503 at srchild.com
Thu Jan 4 15:53:58 CET 2007

"Dmitry Dulepov" <dmitry at typo3.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1167900252.14473.typo3-project-templavoila at lists.netfielders.de...

> This is not difficult to do manually. Firsts, you really need to go
> through FTB tutorial to understand concepts.

I've already done three (simple) sites using TV from the outset

> Then you need to map your template. Most objects (that you use through
>  markers in MTB) will go as "TypoScript Object Path" fields. Content
> elements will go as "Content elements" field.

OK

> Finally change PAGE object to templavoila's one.

OK

So it sounds like it isn't difficult!

> It is quite easy to migrate but do it carefully for the first time. If I
> were you, I would build a list of my current TS objects and see what
> fields I will have.

Ah yes, I'll also need to change temp.blah to lib.blah, and so on.

> Only then I would start physically changing them.

I think it might be a good idea if I experiment first on a copy of the site
:)

Thanks, this sounds much more possible than I thought.

--
Simon Child