[TYPO3-templavoila] Get rid of the bad concept used/unused elements?

Franz Koch typo at fx.MINUS.graefix.DOT.de
Thu Feb 1 09:54:23 CET 2007

Hi Dimitry,

>> Btw. I encountered a 'strange' behavior once. When editing content,
>> switching pages and so on, a customer created a new content element on
>> a site - but this content element was not created on the page he
>> currently was on but on the page he was before (in unused elements of
>> course). Only a reference had been inserted in the current page and he
>> was confused why he wasn't able to edit it anymore. I also had this
>> behavior once or twice. Don't know the TV version anymore.
>
> No comment... I can invest time only to reproducable bugs from bug tracker.

I try to research if it's somehow reproduceable and report it.

>> By speaking of references. Currently pages containing references to
>> content elements don't get updated (cache doesn't get cleared) when
>> the source record changes. Is there a way to clear the cache for those
>> pages automatically, too? Maybe the typo3 reference-table can be used
>> to track the TV references?
>
> As usual: put bug report to bug tracker... It is always the same
> procedure: you found a bug, report it and wait for fix...

I didn't add it to bugtracker because I wanted to ask before. You could have said - that's impossible, that's on schedule or whatever. So I'll add it to bugtracker in time. Thanks for all your work Dimitry.

>> Speaking of usability issues was more about typo3 in general although
>> TV could also be improved in that direction to be a little bit more
>> self explaining in handling. For computer freaks typo3 is quite "easy"
>> to learn - for secretary's it's almost impossible and most editors are
>> no geeks.
>
> May be you have bad employees... I work with many people who often think
> that "computer" is the thing where they look to (monitor). They have no
> idea how they connect to the Internet and they are stunned by the
> question "what browser do you have?" or "what Windows do you have?"
> (they say "plastic"!!!). But I never had any trouble teaching them
> typo3. They work with typo3 for years now and even help each other from
> time to time.

Yes, it seems that some of my customers are the dumbest of all :/

--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch