[TYPO3-templavoila] no content after update to 4.1.2

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Fri Aug 17 17:12:35 CEST 2007

Hello Philipp,

I had a similar problem when upgrading from php4 to php5.1.6. In my
installation everything is utf-8, no changes to the db were made, but
the umlauts destroyed the xml-code, therefore all those serialized
arrays could not be unserialized anymore.

Solution for the problem in my case were the following entries under
[SYS][setDBinit] in the install tool:

SET NAMES utf8;
SET CHARACTER SET utf8;
SET character_set_connection = utf8;