[TYPO3-templavoila] Question regarding BE TV configuration and localization

Simon Tuck nospam at rtpartner.ch
Wed Aug 8 11:11:01 CEST 2007

Thanks for your responses,
I'll check the podcast out later...

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> You need to read "Frontend localization guide" document. This topic is
> very big and copying half of the document here is not the most effective
> way to display. Sorry for not giving more helpful answer :(

Yes, I understand the topic is huge... I've read the document and I've
tried every conceivable combination of settings and I think I have a
basic grasp of it.
My issue is really with the “Show page language version” switch: It
doesn't do anything in free mode. Ideally the switch would only show
corresponding languages. In bound mode (the default) that works ok, but
in free mode there are no localizations per se as I am building separate
structures for each language. Am I right so far? If so, then I propose
that either the switch is superfluous in free mode or the switch is not
working properly. If I'm not right I will hit myself over the head with
Kaspar's "Frontend localization guide" (printed on heavy paper).
How does that sound?
Cheers,
Simon