[TYPO3-templavoila] Data structure found, but "no template found"

Sabine Weiß dr.sabine.weiss at t-online.de
Thu Aug 2 12:34:11 CEST 2007

Hi all,

since I moved a part of the pagetree one level up, I face the problem of
a "no template found" message for these pages. This happens although the
pages' contents are correctly matched to the respective parts of the
data structure. To me it looks like sys folder and DS are identified ok,
but for some strange reason the TO is not.

This is what the pagetree looked like before the change:

globe symbol
-- FE user storage
-- DS / TO storage folder
-- ROOT of website
---- page 1
---- ...
---- page n
---- page AFFECTED (template found and display ok)
------ subpage of page AFFECTED  (template found and display ok)

And this is what the pagetree looks like now:

globe symbol
-- FE user storage
-- DS / TO storage folder
-- page AFFECTED (no template found)
---- subpage of page AFFECTED  (no template found)
-- ROOT of website
---- page 1
---- ...
---- page n
---- shortcut to page AFFECTED

Things I tried so far to come to a solution:

1) I deleted all template information (record storage page, page
template structure...) from the page and entered the same information anew.

2) I deleted the page template structure from the page and chose a
different template structure from the DS/TO storage folder.

3) I copied the DS/TO storage folder into the 'page AFFECTED' and redid
step 1 for the copy.

1-3 did not resolve the issue.

The only thing that works is to create a new template in the old
fashioned way via "create template for a new site", choose one of the
templates TYPO3 is shipped with. This effects in the 'page AFFECTED'
being displayed.

Any hints are highly welcome!

Sabine