[TYPO3-templavoila] [TYPO3] templavoila - AJAX enabled :)

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Thu Sep 28 10:08:42 CEST 2006

Benjamin Mack kirjoitti:
> Hey Dmitry,
>
> I think (at least that's why I'm wanting it) that he means for editing
> purposes: When I need to rearrange content elements (on a page with a
> lot of elements in it), it takes a while to do that:
> * Click on "Cut Element"
>   => Whole page gets reloaded (can take a while)
> * Click on "Paste Element here"
>   => Whole page gets reloaded again
>
> There is a lot of traffic going on and I think too that there is a lot
> of power there in improving not only the speed but also the usuability.
>
> I tried the dragndrop extension for the "standard" page module and it
> helps me a lot working faster in "getting content right" where I want it
> :-).
>
> greetings,
> benni.
> -SDG-
>

> Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Charles Coleman wrote:
>>> I am dying to know if there is any active work for "drag n drop" of
>>> content items in TV yet?  Sometimes it get quite tedious rearranging
>>> things and this could definately speed it up.
>>
>> Hm, why asking here and not in templavoila list?
>>
>> What does it mean: "drag n drop" of content items? And what ajax has
>> to do with it?
>>
>> Why do you think ajax will speed up templavoila? Any
>> prototypes/benchmarks already? I am asking because you said
>> "definitely". You must have something under these words, do you?

in practise that means rewriting entirely /mod1/index.php.
I tried to make for it conventional XCLASS for some functions.
But that didn't work. I must rewrite the whole file
to get following changes to work:

http://t3test.xetpoint.com/media/development/new_TemplaVoila_layout_fi.png

Corresponding standard page module has the same kind of changes + BE
drag'ndrop

I doubt that the current maintainer is willigly to rewrite the
whole module.
It would be easier for TemplaVoila than for the standard page module
and the result would be more consistent because TemplaVoila doesn't use
buttons, which cause inconsintent behavior.