[TYPO3-templavoila] RFC: access TV field-values in TS without stdWrap

Martin Klaus klausm at in.tum.de
Fri Sep 8 02:52:26 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry,

>> I understand your concerns, but even the default Template TS-parsing from
>> t3lib/class.t3lib_tstemplate.php
>> does this type of TypoScript preprocessing to merge the Constants with
>> the Setup code.
>> This is not even possible with TV's TypoScript-parsing.
>
> It is possible for constants.

Yes, you are right, there is already a solution for Constant Substitution
with <TypoScript_constants><[constant_name]>. With this feature you can
include constants that are locally definded and constants from "global"
Typoscript Template, but yet it's not possible to set the current TV field
value as constant.

That's why I've enhanced the current solution by an additional property for
<[constant_name]>. This allows the constants to be wrapped by stdWrap, and
therefore the possibillity to set TV field values as constants.
[ See description and implementation: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4176
class.tx_templavoila_pi1.php (Lines 529-537) ]

My solution extends <[constant_name]> with a <stdWrap>-Tag:

<TypoScript_constants>
  <[constant_name]>
    <stdWrap>
      some_TS_code (i.e. field=current_TV_field)
    </stdWrap>
  </[constant_name]>
</TypoScript_constants>

>>> As a user I like the idea but as developer - do not. TV uses typo3's
>>> parser for typoscript. To implement this substitution TV will have to
>>> implement a preprocessor. This will make TV very different in TS
>>> processing from the rest of the system.

With the new implementation you have the advantage from the user's point of
view and a
simple, consistent implementation from the developers point of view.

regards,
Martin