[TYPO3-templavoila] "New Page" Wizard is confusing if there is only one Template

Jonas Dübi admin at commandline.ch
Wed Sep 6 08:49:32 CEST 2006

Hello

If there is only one Template the New Page wizard shows you two Options,
the "Default Layout" and the "Layout". From a technical point of view
it's obvious why it works like this, but for the customer it's
confusing. I got feedback from several customers and our training guy,
that this should be 'fixed'...

I would suggest:

1.) If there is only one template, and if there is a template selected
within the rootline, the wizard doesn't show the template selector and
selects automaticly the "Default Layout".

2.) If there are several templates, and if there is a template selected
within the rootline, the wizard doesn't show the template which is
selected above.

What do you think about that?

I took a closer look at the code, but I first wanna ask you if you
agree, and of course if perhaps the templavoila developers could fix it
much faster and cleaner.

Greetings from Switzerland
Jonas