[TYPO3-templavoila] 1.1.1

Andreas Wolf ng at nospam.andreaswolf.info
Wed Oct 11 18:06:34 CEST 2006

Hi all,

> as always good job - but I really miss the possibility to override the
> field type with TypoScriptObjectPath. This is so handy. I use it to
> "redirect" the rendering of the field type "content" to a external TS in
> my main template, where I apply some conditional rendering settings.
Me too ;) I had a situation where I used a TS-Object to find out whether to
read display the content of the page or read a HTML-file instead. I used
the "bug" to have content-elements in the TV-backend-view while using a
TS-object to display either the HTML or the content-elements. This wouldn't
be possible anymore now.

> Why has this feature (it is one in my eyes) been canceled?
I would suggest to add the input-box for the object-path to all types of
fields in the DS, but to make its usage selectable via a checkbox ("Use
TS-object instead of default processing code" or something). This would fix
the bug and make Franz' and my "hack" working again - so all of us would be
happy ;)

Greets,

Andreas