[TYPO3-templavoila] When making a copy of a whole typo3 site, TV loses the mapping

Tobias Pinnekamp mail at tpinne.de
Tue May 23 21:57:23 CEST 2006

Harald Klotzberg schrieb:
> Hi Tobias,
>
> as you said the ds seems ok, go to update mapping -> modify ds/to and click
> on load.
> choose the ds and the mapping should be there again.
>
> grtz, harry

Hi Harry,

ok that's an option. But in the near future I have to make up to 300
copies of an "master" typo3 site. And everytime doing these steps is not
the best solution.
It would be interesting why the mapping is lost at all. Nothing is
changed during the copying process. Maybe it is because of the new
timestamps the files get. So TV recognises them as changed. But normally
then should the mapping be OK then as it is when you edit the template
file on an existing site. Nothing happens. No mapping lost and of course
the changes have no effect until "update mapping".

It is a strange behaviour which I hope someone can explain and solve for
such number of copies in the future.

Tobias