[TYPO3-templavoila] feature suggestion

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Mon May 22 10:48:52 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
>> on the other hand the message youy mentioned above is also not a good
>> solution because afterwards the redacteur has to realize that the field
>> "to" is displaying an incorrect value message. i personally dont think
>> that many of them will get it.
>
> This is a question of personal attention :) At lease this is better than
> answering questions about missing TO box.

thats true everything is better than a big yellow alert box in the fe.
but i still dont want to explain this bahavior to a redacteur.

adding the default to field as a select field to the ds tables is no
problem at all. and i think to check the values the hook
"processDatamapClass->processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray" in
class.t3lib_tcemain can be used. or do you know a better one.

if you agree i will try to provide a simple extension to do that.

regards Martin

PS: it can take some time i have to manage the move of my girlfriend the
next weeks

PPS: I suggest this behavior in the process_datamap hook:

- check if it is a page or a content/fce
- check weather the field ds will change
- check weather a default to is set in selected ds
- if so set the value of the field to to the default value