[TYPO3-templavoila] not mapped field appears in the BE

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Wed Mar 29 11:15:31 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> Arnd Messer wrote:
>> i use one DS for several TOs in my installation (4.0rc2 TV 7.0).
>> Some fields of this DS are not mapped in the TO as they are not needed
>> and the backend should be a one column instead of two.
>>
>> after updating it seems that this feature is lost.
>> Every page is a two column from now on. Inserting content in this column
>> dosen't work of course.
>
> It should work like this. Page module uses DS - not TO! - to build
> blocks. This allows to quickly change to another TO but still keep
> original data.

In general, yes. But I think Arnd is talking about a feature I introduced in
one of the last versions where only those areas are shown in the page
module which are really mapped in the currently selected TO. I guess that
feature somehow disappeared during the last commits, maybe when Kasper
worked on the rendering part of mod1.

Arnd, please post this to the bug tracker.

Thanks,
robert

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development