[TYPO3-templavoila] A "gremlin" about encoding of Norwegian characters

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Mar 28 16:18:42 CEST 2006

Hi list!

First, a big thanks to Robert (and all his helpers) for TemplaVoila in version
0.7.0.

But I have a bit irritating problem, mainly visual, because it hasn't given
me any real problem yet.

The problem is encoding of the Norwegian characters æ, ø, å. I have no problem
using them, either in titles or in elements. But if i I make an content element
with the title "Høyre kolonne" (right column), i got the follwing title in
Page Module "Høyre innhold". Same if I make an FCE, it looks perfect i TemplaVoila
("Tekst høyre"), but when I'm going to use the FCE i got "Tekst høyre".

My config:
TYPO3 4.0rc2
TV 0.7.0 (have the same problem on TYPO3 4.0rc1 and TV 0.6.0)

ForceCharset = utf-8

Apache 2.0.54
PHP 5.0.4-10.5 (who could be the problem)
Fedora Core 4.

Is this a "bug" (extremly minor) in TV, a PHP problem or something else?

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no