[TYPO3-templavoila] BE layout

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at fm-world.ru
Mon Mar 13 09:36:30 CET 2006

Hi!

Bartosz Aninowski wrote:
> I have 5 contents/block area in index.html.
>
> [block1][block2][block3]
> [block 4    ][block5        ]
>
> All 5 blocks are in one row in BE after mapping, so I need to scroll paget
> to add image to last block
> Is it possible to achieve the same layout in BE as in FE?

Page module uses DS to layout blocks. DS does not have information about
physical block layout on the screen, this is controlled by TO. You can
it like this in TO:

-----------------
| B5 |     | B2 |
-----------------
     | B4  |
     | B1  | B3 |

How TV is supposed to layout this in page module? It is additional (and
not easy!) logic for TV.

I do not think this is really necessary. I even doubt that having 5 "ce"
blocks is right design. May be CNN or BBC site could benefit from having
5 "ce" blocks but even for those "TS object path" would be better in
most cases.

Dmitry.