[TYPO3-templavoila] Possible to reference DS-Content (without the belonging TO)

Tomas Broeker broekth at web.de
Fri Mar 10 16:20:19 CET 2006

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>>But now ... thinking about it ... it sounds to me as if it was not too
>>much of an effort to implement it directly into the UI. I don't know
>>what the project team thinks about that.
>

> How exactly it could look in UI?

Maybe this way:

1st pic: Original_entry.jpg
- Name of TO&DS should be mentioned in the overview as well.
- This Article is to be referenced.

2nd pic: Reference_entry.jpg
- The original entry shall be referenced on the Homepage
- But there should also be an "Edit element"-button for the reference
- Clicking that button leads to the next view ...

3rd pic:Reference_View.jpg
- You cannot change much on that view as it is only a reference
- all you can do is: change the TO (but only to TOs that base on the
same DS; i.e. in this case DS-Article.

Something like this I had expected when I tried to find this
(non-existing) function.

Then a reference cannot only be a ID. It would have to be something like
a content element containing the ID and the TO that should be used to
display the data of the reference.
The advantage would be that the way to reference an object wouldn't change.
Maybe the combo-box could also be on the page overview. Then it would be
more easy to change the way to display the data.

What do you think?

Regards
Thomas