[TYPO3-templavoila] Possible to reference DS-Content (without the belonging TO)

Thomas Broeker broekth at web.de
Tue Mar 7 20:42:15 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>>What I would like to do:
>>On 'Page X' I saved an article 'Article 1' with a FlexForm using the
>>DataStructure 'DS:Article'. On that page this article is displayed using
>>the 'TO:Article_complete'.
>>On another page 'Page A' I also wanted to refer to that article ... but
>>.... using the 'TO:Article_teaser' that is also based on the
>>DataStructure 'DS:Article' to display the article.
>

> This depends on how exactly you refer to it. If you use "Insert records"
> or something, it will not work because the record defines DS/TO pair.
> You cannot list the same record with different TO right now. It may be
> possible in the future, we think about adding such functionality.

Well, TV is nearest to what I have always imagined how a CMS conecpt
should work. This is the only thing I am missing. With that feature it
would be the 'egg-laying wool-milk-sow' (don't know if it is possible to
understand this 1:1 translation from german) ... means: it would be  the
one thing satisfying all needs. ;)

> Ok. It is much easier to explain reusing with example. Imagine that you
> have a DS with various fields. You made a first version of your site,
> deployed it, etc. After a year you need to develop completely new
> version. You need to change DS but you want to keep your data. What you
> will do is you will reuse field names in new DS. This preserves
> compatibility with all your old data but allows you to add other fields
> or change fields as you need.
>
> Another use case. You have two various DSes that handle data differently
> but data is compatible in general. You may want to use the same field
> names to ensure that you can easily switch DSes.

Ok, then I conclude I understood everything right. Just the development
of the software isn't that far yet ;).

Nevertheless, thanks very much Dmitry for your detailed explanations.

Thomas