[TYPO3-templavoila] Flexform rendering in 'edit pageproperties'

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Tue Mar 7 18:39:20 CET 2006

Hi Dimitry,

> The problem is that it is outside of templavoila's control. Flexform is
> rendered by typo3 core, templavoila just creates corresponding
> description of the form.
Hmm, thought that. Does that mean that typo3 'decides' if the fields are
grouped by language or not depending on this one definition in DS
meta-data? I think that TV changes a definition to get this result -
have to dig a little bit deeper I guess.

> It is in t3lib -> tceforms file.
Thanks, I'll have a look.

>>can this behaviour be changed? If so, would it also be possible to
>>optionally set 'useTabDividers' to get a tab for each language? Would
>>improve useability I think - and looks cleaner and nicer in addition ;)
>
> Sometimes yes but having language fields together can be a big plus.
> Translator will always see original text and can translate without
> switching tabs.

Well, I think normal translators will most likely _never_ translate
TV-content in the flexform that shows up in page->edit pageproperties as
the contained group-fields for content are not very handy. In most cases
there might only be some configuration fields included as well - like in
my case background-images.
But that's a point of view.

Thanks.
--