[TYPO3-templavoila] TV Page Module not showing "Main Content Area" and "Create new element" icon

Joerg Wagner - DigiLog multimedia usenet at digilog.de
Tue Mar 7 14:41:17 CET 2006

Hi Dmitry,

your replies come fast and precise as ever. Thanks a lot!  :)

> This happens if TemplaVoila cannot find any "content element" fields in
> *DS*.

I have just one TV template in the site and its DS contains the standard
content elements, they are mapped and work fine in the pages that are not
affected by the problem.
The problem seems to be that TV writes arbitrary TO numbers into the
"tx_templavoila_to" field of the "pages" table when I insert new pages and
ADDITIONALLY the "tx_templavoila_ds" field is just empty (instead of 0). As
there is no DS given and as the given TO do not exist, the "Main Content
Area" box does not appear in the TV page module for these pages.

 > Seems like you have a wrong reference to TO there. Check in page
properties.

Correct! The "Page Template Structure:" dropdown box of the "page
properties" page shows the empty item selected (which would be correct for a
page that inherits its template from the parent) but in this case this seems
to be just the result of the wrong DS and TO entries in the db. If I switch
the dropdown box to my template, save the page, and switch the dropdown box
back to the empty entry again, the db shows corrected entries ("
tx_templavoila_ds" =0, "tx_templavoila_to"=1 - the latter one probably being
not important because the first one being 0), and the problem is gone!!!

Important:
I found that all this mess only happens, if I use the wizard to create new
pages:  "New" --> "Click here for wizard" (below Page(inside)).
If I create the page without the wizard  using  "New" --> "Page(inside)"
then the db record is properly filled and I get my "Main Content Area" box
immediatelly.

Smells like bug, doesn't it?
It would be nice if somebody could confirm this behaviour. I would then file
a bug report to the tracker.

Thanks again for your help!

--
Jorg Wagner