[TYPO3-templavoila] Possible to reference DS-Content (without the belonging TO)

Thomas Broeker broekth at web.de
Mon Mar 6 21:01:58 CET 2006

Hi list,

in the FTB-manual there ist mentioned that field names should be reused
as that "enhances the internal compatibility".
And another subject is that content elements have to be brought into the
"hierarchy of references going from the page to the elements".

Well, my idea was that the references only refer to the content of a DS.
But my impression is that it refers to the complete object, i.e. DS+TO.

What I would like to do:
On 'Page X' I saved an article 'Article 1' with a FlexForm using the
DataStructure 'DS:Article'. On that page this article is displayed using
the 'TO:Article_complete'.
On another page 'Page A' I also wanted to refer to that article ... but
... using the 'TO:Article_teaser' that is also based on the
DataStructure 'DS:Article' to display the article.

But unfortunately it didn't work as I expected. I could refer to the
article. But only to the complete Article, i.e. into the CE-container I
could only insert "Article 1" automatically using 'TO:Article_complete'.

Is my idea of referencing content wrong? Or did I do something wrong
referencing it?
I don't know. It's the first time for me that I use TV and I would
appreciate a hint ;).

Regards
Thomas