[TYPO3-templavoila] Sheets management

Jean-Baptiste Rio triphot69 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 14:44:29 CET 2006

Hi List,

I'm new to this list, and i hope that my concern and suggestions have
not been discussed many times but i didn't find anything in the archives.

My concern is about the sheets management in FCE and plugins. 3 things :

*1 - Flexible content*
I've prepared a large Flexible Content for my web staff (+1500 lignes of
XML for the DO) and it was not very easy to key in in the content
screen. So I decided to cut it in several sheets so that it's easier to
key in. No problem at all, except that... it shows none of them in FE or
at least the first one if its name is <sDef>. I dive into the TV code
and i made one little change in the renderElement function (line 173 and
next, in class.tx_templavoila_pi1.php) so that now, it's able to render
all sheets of a flexible content in FE.
Have you interest in this enhancement ?
If so, do I create a enhancement in the bug tracker or how can i
transfer my code modification (CVS modification by example) ?
I wonder if it could be useful to extend that so that, in the XML,
people could identify the sheets displayed and the hidden sheets.
Interesting or not ? I could enhance my code to manage that, if you want :)

*2 - Plugin*
I would like to be able to add sheets "on the fly", when i configure a
plugin with the flexform field. Let me explain. The big goal is to
provide a "high-level configurable master-detail database table" plugin.
So the user will have a flexform plugin where he can select a set of
database field in the first sheet. My need is to be able to generate as
many extra sheets as the number of fields he has selected, so that he
can configure individually each field, one field per sheet, based on a
secondary external flexform XML file which i include on the fly in the
plugin flexform XML file, when he press the Save button.
So my question are :
- What is the best way to plug my "Add sheets on the fly" function in
Templavoila ? Hook ? XClass ?
- Probably i will need to extend the flexform sheets configuration to be
able that the first sheet can generate/delete/manipulate extra sheets.
Is it the correct way or do you suggest another way ?
- Have you interest in this enhancement ?
- If so, i'm ready to code it, implement it and test it, but maybe, a
good way could be to coordinate it with a member of the TV team (Robert,
... ) ?

*3 - Wizards in flexform and FCE*
I needed to have the form wizard in my flexible content and in my
flexform field. I've made some modifications in the
class.t3lib_tceforms.php and in the php wizard file, so that now, it is
possible. I'm not very happy of my modifications because it doesn't
allow to add different wizards in the same flexform ou FCE. Have you
plan some enhancement like that ? I'm ready to help to code, implement
and test a good solution.

At your disposal for any further information,

Regards,

JB