[TYPO3-templavoila] Templavoila mapping problem

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jun 30 09:54:41 CEST 2006

Hi again Werner

>Thank you for your suggestions but I don't think that's the problem.
>I thought about this, and to try it out I used the sample files from the
>Futuristic Template Building tutorial and tried the mapping exactly as
>described in the tutorial - and had the same problem. So either the
tutorial
>is wrong or I have some other problem which would seem to be related to my
>installation or configuration, as the extension seems ot work for others. I
>don't really believe it's the tutorial, even if it is not fully up-to-date
>for the current version of templavoila. So I guess it is something in my
>installation, and I have no idea what.

I don't know if the tutorial is wrong or not, but I do know I had similar
problems following the tutorial ... and it frustrated me no end for ages. I
did manage to fix my first problems, by redo-ing the work, and im not sure
if I did it differently or the same, but it fixed the problem.

>For now I have given up on trying to make TV work and I am using the
>Template Auto-Parser instead. Might not be as nice, but I can make it work
>and I got some understanding of how it functions from its tutorial.

Yes I can understand that feeling well. I so nearly did the same thing, becs
I thought TV was something *wonderful*... and it is good, but not nearly the
wonder drug I thought.

The title of the tutorial made me think it was going to be such a better way
of doing everything, perhaps becs it is css based and so many of the other
tutorials are tables based, I thought it was more what I wanted. And it is
good that the tutorial is at least css based.

My biggest frustration now is not directly with TV, but more with the fact
that very few of the extensions have been checked with TV, and the
documentation is for the old way, which makes it awkward to work out things
I know nothing about ... like hooks :)

If I wasn't so far along with my mapping when I realised it, I think I would
have gone back myself :)

Good luck with it all...

Cate