[TYPO3-templavoila] Using conditional comments in TV

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Jun 6 09:42:36 CEST 2006

Hi!

Christopher wrote:
> This is not really true. You are much more likely to encounter the
> /really/ weird IE bugs /while/ developing according to standards.

I did many cross-browser layouts and never had to use conditional comments.

> Given the number of _fixable_ rendering bugs in various versions of IE
> Windows, you will eventually need to use conditional comments--they are,
> for example, the simplest way to deliver a separate box-model stylesheet
> to IE 5, or to set 'width' for IE while using 'min-width' for other
> browsers.

IE5 is dead. According to my statistics, less than 2% of people use it.
So I ignore MSIE 5. For MSIE6 a combination of "width !important",
min-width and width does the trick perfectly.

> Not that I think the inability to use them in the Templavoila GUI is a
> big problem; as everyone always points out, you can just stick them in
> the TS:

So, you have to do it with TS. As I said, it is not a tv limitation but
limitation of html parser in typo3 core.

Dmitry.