[TYPO3-templavoila] configuring extensions - content element vslib.myObject

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 28 17:35:19 CEST 2006

Hi all

Earlier, I said:
>In a recent thread (Extensions and TV [was Templavoila mapping problem]) I
>was discussing difficulties with using some extentions.
>
>In particular, I said I thought I had succeeded with inserting dr Wiki as
>lib.myObject, ...
>
>In fact, when I went back and checked, I had inserted it as a content
>element, which didn't work for ages, and then finally I copied a wiki
>element that did work, and managed to cut and paste, and all was well.
>
>However, I am now getting the same buggy behaviour (no wiki showing).

I have solved the problem.

I now have Dr Wiki working as a content element.

The issue seems to be that Dr Wiki will *not* work when:

1. The plugin has been selected in the page properties.
And/or
2. In the TS Template, "include static from" Dr Wiki has been selected, when
you aren't using the standard template file.
And/or
3. Dr Wiki has been added as a lib.myObject

Basically, there must be *no* other reference to the plugin, apart from the
content element.

Hope that saves someone some time :) it took me 2.5 months to work out!

Cate