[TYPO3-templavoila] configuring extensions - content element vs lib.myObject

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 8 15:19:32 CEST 2006

Hi all

In a recent thread (Extensions and TV [was Templavoila mapping problem]) I
was discussing difficulties with using some extentions.

In particular, I said I thought I had succeeded with inserting dr Wiki as
lib.myObject, which Dmitry, you suggested was the correct way.

In fact, when I went back and checked, I had inserted it as a content
element, which didn't work for ages, and then finally I copied a wiki
element that did work, and managed to cut and paste, and all was well.

However, I am now getting the same buggy behaviour (no wiki showing).

However, I cant figure out how to configure extensions when they are
included as lib.myObjects - for example, dr Wiki has flex forms to do all
the configuring, and no documentation about any other way.

Does it all have to be done in the .php files included in the extension? Or
is there another way through the TStemplate?

cate