[TYPO3-templavoila] Sections vs Containers? - Roberts example

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Feb 23 01:57:03 CET 2006

Steve Webster wrote:
> Like in Robert's example, what does the data structure look like that is
> used to create this screenshot:
>
> http://robertlemke.de/typo3temp/pics/cb55166f84.png
>
> Robert - If you're around could you provide any hints?

For me this look like a Page Template with one single column (Main column) and
two content elements inserted. The first one being a simple "Text w. Images" and
the second one being a Flexible Content Element with two columns.

AFAIK there is no possibilty two define that "Content Element" areas should get
rendered below each other ... or in some kind of setup of rows ... but I can be
wrong.

Sections are normally containers for containers .... and inside of a container you
can place other TV fields

When you do such a thing you can create an user definable amount of fields in a single
element. Just search for "repeatable content element" in the Futuristic tempalte building
tutorial

greets,
Bernhard