[TYPO3-templavoila] bug # 4014

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 17:59:27 CET 2006

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 02:49:24 -0600, Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry at typo3.org>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Christoph Koehler wrote:
>> Just wondering what the status on bug 4014 is and if there is a
>> workaround. I moved a site to a new server and now none of the pages
>> show the content adding part unless I show the outline of the page.
>> I would like to help get that figured out if possible.
>> Here's the link: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4014
>
> If I ever encounter this, I will fix it. So far I am unable to reproduce
> it.
>
> I can only recommend two things:
> - enable error reporting in Install tool and see if you have any errors
> - check your mapping
> - check page properties for wrong references to DS/TO

Dmitry,

I think I figured it out.
My site root is a shortcut to the first subpage, so on the site root I
have set the template and the one for its subpages, which is pretty much
the rest of the site. There was no template set for the subpages, so I
tried to set one for a subpage. When I set the Template Structure and the
page reloads to show the Template Design, it was set on an INVALID value,
which is probably because the one that was set before doesn't exist
anymore.
So the problem seems to be that even though the page was set to no
Template Structure and the root page did have a setting for all the
subpages (which show fine in the FE), my subpages were still for some
reason trying to use the invalid Template Design in the Page module.
I hope this helps you out some. I will post this exact same thing on the
bug tracker, too.

Christoph