[TYPO3-templavoila] RFC: Flexpointer handling in Typo3 Core classes (@Dmitry)

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at atwebteam.com
Mon Dec 4 09:06:39 CET 2006

Dmitry Dulepov kirjoitti:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Klaus wrote:
>> Some time ago, i've written the experimental Extension
>> (mk_tvfrontend) to enable working FE-Editing with Templavoila.
>> (wich works also with nested Flexforms and referenced CE's)
>> see: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3191

> Good to know! FE editing for TV is one of painful things...

Martin and I have solved some issues in XCLASSes

>> I think this feature should not be enabled
>> by extension (x-classing) but should be added to TV and the frontend
>> core classes. (see detailed description below)

> There is one strict rule: core should not be depended on extensions. So
> we cannot introduce knowledge about tv or dependency on tv into core.
> This change will be banned. However we can use hooks! I am not sure what
> technically must be done to access flexFormPointer but can it be done
> with hooks?

not at this moment. FE editing actions are in one function, which
doesn't have any hook

If yes, we can add a hook in core and tv can hook in and do
> whatever it needs. If not, may be a concept of flexFormPointer can be
> extended/moved to core.

even if I don't user TemplaVoila except for special customers,
this would be fair but then there should be also TS config for pages
in order to detect, which mode move up/down buttons should be used.
In general quite easy to implement.