[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila v/s Traditional Templating (Template AutoParser, TypoScript etc.)

shikeb shikeb at srijan.in
Sat Dec 2 11:42:06 CET 2006

Gideon So wrote:
> Hi Shikeb,
>
>     IMO, templavoila is the simplest way to build a template. And it is
> easy to learn. Just check out the futuristic template Building (FTB).
>
> Gideon
>
> shikeb wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am a relatively new Typo3 user and so far I've used only TemplaVoila
>> for all my templating and I've really enjoyed using it and the idea of
>> Flexible Content elements. But since I haven't used the older method
>> till now, can any gentleman on this list tell me the differences
>> between TemplaVoila and other available methods for creating
>> templates. And the pros and cons and the benefits of using one
>> technique over the other. Or is there any document available which I
>> can use for a quick answer to my queries.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Syed S. Rahman.

Thanks, Dmitry and Gideon, for your kind words. I wanted to know whether
   flexible content elements can be emulated the traditional way. What I
mean is that flexible content defines a template for individual elements
quite easily which we can later on plug into our page templates anywhere
where we are allowed to insert content, just like regular content
elements. If I were using markers and all would that be possible? I am
just a bit naive in visualizing this so I thought to ask the noble guys
of the lists. I have read the mtb's (a long time back) and the ftb
documents but I'll re-read them following Dimitry's advice.

Warm regards,

Syed S. Rahman.