[TYPO3-templavoila] Experimental feature commited to CVS yesterday

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Apr 26 08:56:15 CEST 2006

Hi!

Yesterday I commited one [long awaited] *experimental* feature to CVS. I
must repeat: this feature is experimental. It means that it can change
in any moment or even temporarily disappear.

The feature is about accessing "parent" record from <TypoScript> section
in DS. I.e. now you can access fields from tt_content and pages, where
current flexform belongs.

Here is an example how to use it:

<TypoScript>
10 = TEXT
10.data = register:tx_templavoila_pi1.parentRec.uid
10.wrap = My "uid" is |<br />

10 = TEXT
10.data = register:tx_templavoila_pi1.parentRec.pid
10.wrap = My "pid" is |<br />
</TypoScript>

So, register is defined for each field in the corresponding table. This
is supported for FCE/page DSes and Local processing in corresponding
TOs. This is *not* supported for static data structures and result of
such usage inside static data structures is declared as "undefined"
(meaning: if it explodes your server, we are not responsible ;)).

Again repeat: this feature is experimental and can be changed in future.
You were warned!

Dmitry.