[TYPO3-templavoila] language_overlay doesn't work for me with TV

Andreas Förthner Andreas.Foerthner at netlogix.de
Tue Apr 11 12:00:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

I've posted this already in the english list, but there seems nobody to
be that knows the answer. So I hope to find some TV experts in this list.

I have some questions with the localization of content in TV. I watched
the video of Kasper where he explains localization on Franz's page and I
looked in the localization guide. No I try to do the same as Kasper did.
The page should only be translated so there is no need for different
language structures, the overlay mode and inheritance would be perfect.

I am using TV 1.0.1 and TYPO3 4.0 final

This is what I configured:

in my TS-Template:

config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback
config.sys_language_overlay = 1
config.sys_language_softMergIfNotBlank =
tt_content:image,tt_content:header,tt_content:imagecaption

in the pageTSconfig: (I think this is not needed, because it's for the
old page module, is it?)

mod.web_layout.defLangBinding = 1

in the DS of the page Template:

<langChildren type="integer">1</langChildren>
<langDisable type="integer">0</langDisable>

in the DS of the my container FCE, that is used for most pages:

<langChildren type="integer">1</langChildren>
<langDisable type="integer">1</langDisable>

But if I switch to a different language than default, the content is not
shown. Do you have any ideas what I missed?

And another question: As I don't want the separate way of localization,
is there a possibilty to disable the "Show page language version"
selector in the TV-page module? It is not needed and my irritate the
authors and translators.

Thank you for your support, i hope it is not too difficult to get this
working.

Greets

Andreas