[TYPO3-templavoila] OT: Support my debug sessions?

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Tue Apr 4 11:36:52 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

maybe it's a bit daring to ask, but anyway ...

As you might know, I currently invest quite some time into debugging /
finalizing TemplaVoila. And, to be honest, I really enjoy doing it! I spend
dozens of unpaid hours fumbling around with the code, fixing this and that
because there's enough coffee, it's raining outside and nothing really
keeps me from getting this work done.

So, where's the rub? Well, you have to know that usually I write my code
using Eclipse, and I'm really really satisfied with it. Despite ... the
debugging. During my debug sessions I tried out Zend Studio, after I didn't
work with it for two years. And although there are some glitches I don't
understand really (why can't you switch from editing one file to another
using the keyboard?) the debugging is really great. In fact the trial
version of Zend Studio has helped me solving a few bugs in TV already which
would have taken much longer to identify without a debugger.

You already guessed it - because Zend won't donate me a version of their
product (although they could quote me on the above sentence for it ;-),
I'll have to buy one. So - if anyone of you feels like sponsoring me that
nice working tool (or a part of it), just get in touch with me.

Okay, next coffee, next bug report ...
Cheers!
robert

PS: Of course I'm aware of the great fact that there are many others who
contribute and spend their spare time working for TYPO3. Just pick your
favourite developer and suprise him / her!

--
Robert Lemke
TYPO3 Association - Research & Development