[TYPO3-templavoila] Automatic HTML template update

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Dec 22 13:07:32 CET 2005

Hello,

Again there was a request "I changed my HTML template but it doesn't get reflected in the FE using TV"
on the main english list:

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-english/2005-December/017077.html

So I tought if it wouldn't be possible to automate the process of updating a DS/TO to the actual HTML.

Currently this happens in the main BE module mod1/ when a template get's saved again - would it be easily
possible to use those BE methods which re-map the template in the FE ?

You could simply check the mtime of the referenced HTML template and compare it to the tstamp of the TO record.
If the HTML template was modified AFTER the TO record the FE just re-reads the HTML template and (IMPORTANT!) if
there are no mapping errors (can happen if I inserted a new <div> and didn't use id tags before) it saves the
TO and renders the page with the new version.

This would be similar to the indexing mechanisms of indexed_search for external files - when the mtime has changed and the
md5 sum of the content has changed (to verify this you would need to add a md5-checksum field to the TO records)
it re-indexes the file.

greets,
Bernhard