[TYPO3-Solr] Metadata extractor: Tika, Extractor or Metadata

Bert Bert
Wed Mar 23 12:56:38 CET 2016

Hello,

Within this set-up:
TYPO3 6.2.19
Solr 3.1.1
Solrfal 2.1.1
Tika 2.0.0
filemetadata 6.2.0

...I got an error when running scheduler task "File Abstraction Layer:
Extract metadata in storage (scheduler)":

"Execution of task "File Abstraction Layer: Extract metadata in storage
(scheduler)" failed with the following message: Task failed to execute
successfully. Class: TYPO3\CMS\Scheduler\Task\FileStorageExtractionTask,
UID: 8"

 From this article I tried:
UPDATE `sys_file` SET `last_indexed`= 0
...and then ran de same task again: I got the same error.

Then I uninstalled TIKA and did the same procedure with 2 other metadata
extraction services, that is, "Extractor" and "Metadata".

In both cases, the job ran correctly and I could see from my database
that the table "sys_file_metadata" got filled up with data.

So my questions:

Any idea why this error occured with TIKA only?
What are the drawbacks in using "extractor" or "metadata"?
Which one would you prefer?

Thanks in advance for your ideas on this!

Thanks and regards,
-brt