[TYPO3-Solr] Boost by level on page tree?

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Thu Mar 10 15:44:21 CET 2016

Am 10.03.16 um 11:41 schrieb Florian Seirer:

> I'd like to boost pages that are closer to the root page, since they are
> more important than pages deeper in the page tree.
> Is this possible using the fields "rootline" or "pageHierarchy_stringM",
> or even something else entirely?
>
> And if so, can anybody give an example?

i would have more like to offer a conceptional approach here.
how about adding a value depending of the rootlevel of the page?

first level would have 	10000
second level would have  1000
third level would have    100

as a page value added to the index document.

You could then group results around this value. Or select them with a facet.

Another way could be using a recip function.

check this link for some examples:

https://www.aoe.com/de/blog/aktuelle-dokumente-in-solr-boosten-000151.html

unfortunally the website itself seens dowr gone:

http://www.typo3-media.com/blog/solr-recip-boosting.html

Olivier