[TYPO3-Solr] Newest pages better ranking

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Feb 23 22:01:39 CET 2016

Hi,

On 23/02/2016 14:52, Andrea Schmuttermair wrote:
> is there a Solr configuration option to give newest pages (crdate) a
> better ranking?
>
> Unfortunately, this installation is a very old one:
> Solr 3.5
> Solr Extension 2.7.2
> TYPO3 4.5

Sure. There as an option to add a boost function (also in the plugin
settings) [1].

A boost function to give newest documents a better ranking could be:

recip(ms(NOW/HOUR,created),3.16e-11,1,1)

(Yes, I tried this on solr 3.5. Make sure there are no spaces inside the
expression!)

[1]
https://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/Tx_solrsearch#queryboostFunction

--