[TYPO3-Solr] splitOnCaseChange and search term "ZfP"

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Jan 20 15:32:05 CET 2015

Hi,

On 20/01/2015 14:04, Peter Kraume wrote:
> the Solr TYPO3 extensions ships with preconfigured schema files with the
> setting splitOnCaseChange="1" which works perfectly!
>
> Now I have a customer project which contains the abbreviation "ZfP" in
> serveral places. Due to the above mentioned setting, this string is only
> found if it is correctly written or if you search for "zf". But if you
> use the string "zfp" from the autosuggest, you find nothing.
>
> Any idea how to circumvent this problem without disabling
> splitOnCaseChange?

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory

You could add protected="<someprotwordsfile.txt>" and add 'ZfP' to the
protected words list. I haven't tried it, but indexing should then
happen without splitting this particular abbreviation.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!