[TYPO3-Solr] Solr on Debian 7 Wheezy with tomcat 6/7

Johann Höchtl jhoechtl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 11:04:44 CEST 2014

Do not use solr from debian repository. You cannot get this running. There are several plugins and configurations.

But there’s an install script which is named installsolrexistingtomcat.sh which will to everything for you (if you use tomcat7 you need to alter this script a bit => paths)

Of course first you need to remove everything that debian installed with the solr package.

The exception: "Unsupported major.minor version 51.0“  leads to an older java version being used. Please check your /etc/defaults/tomcat to see if theres a JAVA_HOME pointing to your old OpenJDK6