[TYPO3-Solr] how to filter on a specific SOLR field using a HTML-dropdown

Michael Huber mh at mculm.de
Thu Sep 11 15:00:53 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'd like to set up a SOLR search in TYPO3 with additional search params
which should be available in a dropdown before sending the search
request.

For example I have a custom SOLR core with adjusted schema.xml where
each entry has a field "category" (e.g. "car" or "motorcycle", "truck")
and a field "description" containing a long text to this vehicle. Now
user should be able to search for a word in the field "description" and
additionally choose a category in a dropdown-box.

Unfortunately I've now idea how to figure this in typoscript. Could you
please give me some advice how to configure the additional param to be a
filter on "category"?

Which name-attribute should the dropdown-input have to send the right
url-param? I know the regular search-field is sent as "tx_solr[q]" so
how should this be for the category?

Kind regards

Michael