[TYPO3-Solr] Exclude page from indexer

Moritz Eberhard moritz.eberhard at osceola.de
Sat Mar 22 13:10:36 CET 2014

Hello all,

I am using the typo3 solr extension on a multi language typo3 system.
Everything works good so far - except one little problem: I try to exclude certain pages from the indexer, for example the 404-page, but it still gets indexed and returned in the search results.
The strange thing is that this happens only for the base language of the project - the other 5 languages don't have the 404-page indexed.

I tried to locate the problem but didn't succeed until now.
In the project, the 404-page has the pid 308. I did the following: When starting the indexer, I looked into the table "tx_solr_indexqueue_item", to see, if there was an item with the item_uid 308.
There is NO such item - so I don't get, where exactly the 404 page gets indexed.

At first I thought this is connected with http://forge.typo3.org/issues/51671 - but from what I understand, this should be fixed in version 2.8.0.

Furthermore: The extension also indexes things inside the global sys-folder. Is there some way to exclude the global sys folder from the indexer, or do I have to exclude every single document in the subfolder (there are a lot)?

I am using tx_solr version 2.8.3 and typo3 version 6.1.7.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Moritz