[TYPO3-Solr] solr, Redis and cache error in Tx_Solr_Template::__construct()

Jan Slusarczyk jan.slusarczyk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 16:20:13 CET 2014

> The search results page can not be cached.

Olliver,

thanks for your time. I know search results are not to be cached. But
why does the error show up even if I want to see the form itself and not
(yet) search results?

Is it required to mark the whole page as non cachable? I was under the
impression that the page itself can be cached, only the plugin output
cannot.

Even if this behaviour (errors being generated) is planned, shouldn't it
be handled by the plugin, not to cause a blank page or exception notice
depending on the debug settings?

Regards
Jan